Kidney tonic to detox and support kidney function
Made from fresh organically grown or wild-harvested herbs, Nephrosolid is a tonic that supports the function and health of the kidneys, bladder and urinary tract.
- Supportive treatment of the general signs and symptoms of kidney and urinary tract disorder
- Supportive treatment of signs and symptoms of kidney and urinary tract infection and inflammation
- Supportive treatment of mild fluid retention
- Supportive treatment and prevention of kidney stones.
Alfred Vogel gave a lot of attention to the liver, gallbladder, kidneys and bladder because of their extreme importance in maintaining general health. He developed two herbal tonics for these organs which he used frequently to great effect in his patients. One of these was Nephrosolid, the other is Boldocynara for the liver. Vogel always treated the liver and the kidneys simultaneously because their filter systems are so closely related. Most of his patients were required to use these tonics until he was sure that they were on their way to good health.
Nephrosolid is a combination of four herbs which work synergistically in the body namely Solidago (Solidago virgaurea), Birch (Betula pendula), Restharrow (Ononis spinosa) and Horsetail (Equisetum arvense).
Solidago virguarea, also known as Golden Rod, is a herbaceous plant found in temperate countries, often in the natural flora of grassy mountainous areas. The name Solidago means ‘to make whole’. In 15th and 16th Century Europe it was used topically for wound healing but in modern times the main use of Solidago is to help maintain the health of the urinary tract.
The Birch tree (Betula pendula) is known as ‘The Tree of Life’. It grows well in temperate and Nordic climates and its leaves have been used frequently in herbal supplement combinations to aid detox by supporting the body’s natural elimination of toxins and impurities. One of the lesser ingredients in this combination is Restharrow (Ononis spinosa). It is a commonly found in almost all parts of Europe, West Africa and Asia and has been used traditionally to support bladder health. Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) is another minor but important ingredient in Solidago complex. The plant is said to resemble a horse’s tail and it grows almost everywhere. Although poisonous to grazing animals when eaten in large quantities it has been used by people as far back as Ancient Roman times in the form of a tea.
Adults and children over 12:
For general kidney, bladder and urinary tract health maintenance:
15 drops 3 times daily.
For acute, supportive treatment of kidney, bladder or urinary tract disorders:
20 - 30 drops 3 times daily. Ensure adequate fluid intake during treatment.
This product is not recommended for children. Do not exceed stated recommended daily dose. Avoid during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Keep out of reach and sight of children.
Solidago virgaurea L. (Goldenrod), Betula pendula ROTH (Silver birch), Ononis spinosa L. (Restharrow), Equisetum arvense L. (Common horsetail)
Alcohol content: 61% v/v
The kidneys work continuously with the liver to purify the blood of waste products and material that can be toxic. Some 800 litres of blood a day pass through the kidneys.
The kidneys also:
- ensure there is not too much water in the blood otherwise the volume of blood becomes too high for the small arteries and high blood pressure may result. In order to control the amount of water, the kidneys use a wonderful method of substituting salt, potassium and magnesium with each other inside the cells of the kidneys and in the blood.
- regulate the water and pH-balance (acid-alkaline levels) in the blood which has a direct influence on the chemical landscape of the whole body.
- few people know that the kidneys are responsible for new red blood cells produced in the bone marrow. The kidneys can also help to protect protein in the urine, thereby ensuring that we do not lose muscle mass.
- expel acid from the blood, which helps regulate its acid/alkaline balance. Most people know these days that a constant acidic state can be detrimental to your general health. It’s important to drink water to help the kidneys. Most people do well with two to three litres of water per day.
Sometimes the body indicates sluggish or overloaded kidneys long before pathological tests do.*
Typical kidney warning signs:
- High blood pressure
- Sore joints and muscles
- Pain on top of the head, behind the neck and along the spine
- Swollen eyes after sleep
- Swollen face, hands, legs and ankles
- Too little or slow urine flow
- Smelly, dark or discoloured urine, continuous urination
- Pain on the inside of the left leg
- Pain behind the knees
- Eczema, fungus on soles of the feet
- Burning, sweating, aching soles of feet
- Sore heels
- Athlete’s foot
- Smelly feet
*There is a big difference however between a liver and kidneys that are 'sick' and organs that are overworked, slow and struggling with reduced function. If the liver and kidneys’ function have deteriorated seriously, a healthcare professional must be consulted for diagnosis and help. The information contained herein, based on advice from renowned Swiss naturopath Alfred Vogel, is concerned with helping to keep these two vital organs healthy with the aim of preventing problems from developing.